I’m a freelance communications and intranet specialist, and you can hire me. I mean, why not you?
- intranet consultancy (strategic and hands-on)
- communications (strategic planning and writing)
- social media management / social media marketing
- content marketing
I write, I’m a writer me. Find me on Twitter as Wedge. Find out more about my interest in intranets via this Intranatverk interview. I’m a professional copywriter and editor, although I’m not convinced that the moniker of ‘professional’ is needed or desired. I write for the money, but I write for the love too. I have been web publishing for years, having learnt HTML coding at university back in the 90s (I wasn’t studying web development you understand, I taught myself), and I’m an original child of the Internet, having been online since 1984, long before Sir Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web.
I manage several blogs and several more social media accounts for my associates and clients. Professionally, I describe myself as a writer and communicator; I write, edit, train people, and give talks. I’m also a consummate web manager and enjoy publishing. I tend to work for large companies with a global reach, but I also freelance for smaller organisations around the UK. My personal life is of little importance, unless you count my passion for new experiences, snow boarding, kite flying, ant keeping and novel writing as important, which I do. I give a lot of my time to raising awareness about emotional and mental health, and I frequently train doctors and healthcare workers in patient care concepts.
Who I work for
I am an independent contractor – a lance for hire, so to speak. I’m available to you, is the point I’m making.
As well as clients, I also founded the Intranet Now annual conference with Brian Lamb. Beyond our conference, we’re building Intranet Now into a bit of a brand.
Over the long-term, I am working for:
- ClearBox Consulting – Intranets | Collaboration | SharePoint
- I help ClearBox clients with intranet structure, navigation, and general design. I also lead and manage ClearBox marketing activities.
— ClearBox Consulting (@ClearBoxTeam) January 22, 2015
- Content Formula – ‘We use content and technology to engage and convert’
- I manage Content Formula social media marketing and content marketing activities. I occasionally help with very large intranet goverance.
Who I collaborate with
Further to working with Sam, Dan, and Brian (as above) I also collaborate on several projects that are less commercially focused.
- Deathto.email – with Oscar Berg
- A communications resource.
- WhatApp? – with simply-communicate
- Comms app review webinar.
- Digital workplace content directory – TBA
- The best comms, engagement, and intranet links, every day – TBA